So I decided to install the beta of Windows 7 onto my main development machine. This is arguably a stupid thing to do, but what the hell. I installed first onto a laptop with something like my main installation (the laptop I used before upgrading to my current machine) and it didn’t die, so I took the plunge.
The first thing that surprised me was how long it took. It took something like 6 hours, with most of the time devoted to ‘migrating current files, programs, blah blah’ or whatever it said.
I hate that they got rid of the Quick Launch toolbar, as I typically pin 30+ programs there. Annoying.
Also, my anti-virus program identified conhost.exe, a process used by Windows 7, as win.sober. Luckily, I can white-list it.
I’ll log things as I find them.